There are a few adjustments that you can make to your settings that may help your situation.
- Open your Internet browser and type http://192.168.254.254/, into your browser's address bar.
- If you find six (6) options under Gateway Options ► Proceed to Step 3.
- If you find only three (3) options under Gateway Options ► Click GO to the right of the Login: field.
- Login with the appropriate username and password (frequently, "admin" is both the username and password).
- In the left-hand sidebar window you'll see Gateway Options ► Click Home Network icon.
- When the Home Network window appears ► Click the Advanced Settings button.
- When the Advanced Home Networking window appears ► Select Configure the Local SpeedStream Gateway Wireless Network.
- Click the Begin Wireless Wizard button at the bottom of the window.
- When the Wireless Setup Configuration window appears, perform the following steps:
- Select Enable under Wireless Interface
- Enter a name for your wireless network in the SSID field - it can be any name you choose, but it should not contain any sensitive personal information
- Select a channel - we recommend channel 6
- Do not select Enable Auto Scan on Power On
- Click Next
- From the Security Mode drop-down menu ► Select WPA-PSK TKIP ► Select Enable SSID Broadcast ► Click Next.
- Enter your desired password in the Shared Key field. Change the Group Renewal Rate to 30, instead of 3600 ► Click Next.
- Make no changes on the Wireless Filter Configuration page ► Click Next ► Click Finish.
Connect to your new wireless connection.
Need instructions to help you connect your Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 PC to your new wireless connection? Click here.