Always reset your router first and then check to see if that resolves the issue. Resetting your router may be the only thing you need to do.
Resetting your Set Top Box can resolve a few issues, such as:
- Missing Interactive Media Guide (IMG) or On Demand menu,
- Unresponsive Set Top Box, or
- DVR recording problems.
Important note about your router
To avoid problems with your FiOS® TV service, make sure your router is plugged in and turned on at all times. Even if you are not currently using the Internet, your router still needs be turned on so that FiOS® TV can function properly.
To manually reset your Router:
- Unplug the power cord to your Router from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds and then plug it back in to the electrical outlet.
- Wait 30 seconds and check to see if this resolves the issue.
- If you’re still having problems, reset your Set Top Box.
To manually reset your Set Top Box:
- Unplug the power cord to your Set Top Box from the electrical outlet.
- Wait for 15 seconds and then plug it back in to the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the time to appear on the front of the Set Top Box.
- Turn on the Set Top Box and wait a few minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
- Check to see if this resolves your issue.
- If it hasn’t, the Set Top Box might need to be re-initialized. Please contact FiOS® Technical Support at 1.877.462.0488 for further assistance.
Note: Don't confuse the power cord that provides electricity to your Set Top Box with the coaxial cable that is connected to the back of your Set Top Box. Unplugging the coaxial cable will not reset your Set Top Box. Since many issues can occur if your coaxial cable is not securely fastened, now would be a good time to ensure all connections are securely connected.