Here are the instructions for installing Content Anywhere on a Windows or Mac computer or on your mobile device.
To install the app on a Windows computer:
- Select the Windows icon and download the installer from the Download app page: web.can.ftrsecure.com/download_client.html
- Locate and run the downloaded .exe file.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: More than one user can install the app on the same computer. Because of this, logging out of the app is not available on desktop computers.
To install the app on a Mac computer:
- Select the Mac icon and download the installer from the Download app page: web.can.ftrsecure.com/download_client.html
- Locate the downloaded DMG file in the browser's Downloads window, in the Finder or using Spotlight.
- Open the DMG file. This opens a folder window in the OS X Finder.
- Drag Content Anywhere from the window to the Applications folder. A shortcut is included in the window.
- Run Content Anywhere from the Applications folder.
Note: More than one user can install the Content Anywhere app on the same computer. Because of this, logging out of the app is not available on desktop computers.
To install the app on your mobile device:
- Go to the app store:
- Google Play for Android,
- App Store for iOS devices,
- Marketplace for Windows Phone 8.
- Search ‘Content Anywhere’
- Download and install the app on your device.
- When the installation is complete, open the app.
- Read and accept the End User License Terms to continue with the app setup.
- Log in with your user name and password.
- Give a name for your device. The idea is that you will eventually have multiple devices and services connected to Content Anywhere (computers, mobile devices, tablets, Picasa etc.).
- Select the type of content that you want to automatically show up in Content Anywhere from that device. You can also skip this step and set it up later.