To set up your email account in Mac OS X.4 Mail (Tiger):
- Click to open the program ► Click Mail ► Preferences.
- Click Accounts at the top of the window ► Click the plus sign (+) located at the bottom left-hand side of the window, to create a new account.
- Select POP from the Account Type: pop-up menu ► Enter a description to identify the account (such as Frontier), the full name (display name) that you would like to appear on your outgoing email, and the email address for the account ► Click Continue
- Enter the appropriate Incoming (POP3) Mail Server ► Enter your email address for the User Name and enter your password ► Click Continue
- Enter the appropriate Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server name ► Click to place a checkmark in the box to the left of Use Authentication ► Enter the complete email address for the User Name ► Enter the password for this account ► Click Continue ► Click Done.
- Close the window ► Save.
Your mail folders should appear on the left-hand side of the window, and you should be able to read and send messages.