Know who’s calling before you answer! This feature displays the number and the name of an incoming caller after the first ring.
The Caller ID displays the number and the name of an incoming call after the first ring. The screen (which is within or attached to your phone) displays the number, name, date and time of the call, so you can return a friend or family member’s call, even if they don’t leave a message. After the first ring, the caller’s number and/or name will appear on the display screen. The type of information and the number of calls displayed depend on the type of equipment you have.
Note: Calling information is not displayed for some calls, for example calls:
- Placed through some long distance carriers.
- From areas where Caller ID is not available.
- Placed from party lines and some cellular phones.
- From callers who use Call Restrict options.
- From some types of business systems.