To fix your Internet connection when it gets dropped:
- Check your connections:
- Check the coaxial or Ethernet connections between your computer and router.
- Check the connections between your router and wall jack.
- Make sure your router power cord is properly plugged in.
- Disconnect your power cord, wait a few minutes, then plug it in again.
- Check for interference:
- If you have a wireless connection, make sure there is no interference (2.4 GHz phones, microwaves, fluorescent lights) between your computer and router.
- Try moving your computer closer to the router for a stronger signal.
- If you have a home security system and it is not properly filtered you might experience frequent disconnections. Ask your security company for a High-Speed Internet filter.
Note: Even if the security system is not monitored (no longer active or not associated with an active security system account) it may prevent the High-Speed Internet modem from "training up" as long as it is still tied into the phone line.