Dialup Internet access is often used in areas where other types of high-speed Internet access are not yet available. If you use Frontier's dialup connection, you are responsible to obtain your modem. You can have the same username and password on multiple computers using a dialup connection, but you can't connect multiple computers to the Internet with the same username/password.
To use Frontier Dialup Internet service you will need:
- A Windows computer running Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7 or 8, OR
- A Macintosh computer running OS version X or greater
- A later-version Internet Browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, Safari. Get one for free on the Frontier Downloads page.
- Modem—9600-baud modem; 28.8 Kbps or higher recommended
- Phone Line—capable of establishing and maintaining a connection to an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
If you meet these requirements, it's time to set up and use your dialup connection.