Below are some troubleshooting tips and what to do if you see an error message. After reading these tips, if you need help with Frontier My Wi-Fi at any time, contact Frontier My Wi-Fi Technical Support at 1.800.469.6519, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Free 5 Minutes Search & Surf Expires
||Charged for Free Access?
|When your Free 5 Minutes Search & Surf expires, you'll see the option to buy more time at Frontier My Wi-Fi.
||Most wireless hotspots will only have a limited number of free logins. If there aren't enough free logins available, you may have to sign up and pay for access at our normal rate.
|Wireless Signal Is Dropped
||Can't Send Email
|When you move from one place to another, your device needs to reconnect to the best available signal. If this doesn't happen on its own, follow these steps.
- On a Windows device, access the Control Panel and select Network Connections. Right-click Wireless Network Connection and select Repair.
- If you are using your laptop's Connection Manager, reconnect with Frontier My Wi-Fi to make sure your device is finding the best access point.
|To protect our customers and secure the integrity of our network, we require all customers to identify themselves when sending mail through our outgoing mail servers.
- If you are using a frontier.com, frontiernet.net, citlink.net, gvni.com, newnorth.net, or epix.net email address but you have not set up your email software to use SMTP Authentication, please read the instructions at Enable SMTP Authentication.
- If you are using a non-Frontier, FrontierNet, Citlink, Newnorth, Epix, or Global Valley email account, your outgoing server must be changed to smtp.frontiernet.net and you'll need to add @daypass.wireless.frontiernet.net to the end of your email address. For example, if your email address is email@example.com, your username would be firstname.lastname@example.org@ daypass.wireless.frontiernet.net.
|Connection Seems Slow
||Error Message #1
|Restart your laptop computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Log out of everything you have running and completely shut down the device.
- Wait 30 seconds before powering up again.
- Give your device time to warm up and locate any wireless signals.
- Sign in to Frontier My Wi-Fi.
|If you see this error: There was a problem checking your email address and password. Please try again. (Error #1)
- Release and renew your PC's IP address.
- Make sure both your email address and password have been entered correctly. Keep in mind, your password is case sensitive.
- If you still receive Error #1, contact Frontier My Wi-Fi Tech Support at 1.800.469.6519, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
|Error Message #4
||Error Message #6
|You will see this error—Your account may only log in from one computer at a time. (Error #4)—if you try to access the Wi-Fi connection from more than one device at a time. To switch to another device, first release the IP address from the device you're using.
If you still get the same error after releasing the IP address on all of your devices, contact the Frontier My Wi-Fi Tech Support team at 1.800.469.6519.
|You will see this error: …accounts may not log in to this wireless network. (Error #6) if you try to connect to the Frontier My Wi-Fi Network with a username and password that is not valid for our network, but is valid on a network we manage.
This is typically the case when an establishment has their own SSID, or network name. Make sure you're connecting to the correct SSID in your wireless utility. If you need to find the correct SSID, username, or password, please contact the company who established the SSID.