At Frontier, we want you to have the best possible online experience, and that often includes using features and applications that can enrich your experience. Here are some tips and simple instructions on several topics:
If you wish, you can opt out of this service at http://search.frontier.com/prefs.php. Select the Disabled option on the Preferences page and click Save.
If you are not a Frontier High-Speed Internet customer, or if for any reason you are not using or are unable to use Frontier Computer Security, there are many products available that will help block pop-ups. We often recommend the Google Toolbar. The Google Toolbar is a free download from Google which prevents pop-ups.
A pop-up blocker is available with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. If you use Google Chrome, consider installing the free extension called AdBlock.
Note: Frontier is not responsible for investigating the presence of pop-ups on your computer, ensuring that your computer is protected against pop-ups, or the installation of anti-pop-up software (also known as pop-up blockers), other than that provided by Frontier Computer Security or unless you have purchased a service through Frontier Secure.
Frontier Computer Security software must be downloaded using your Frontier High-Speed Internet service and requires XP Home/Professional (32-bit only, SP2 or later), Vista (32 or 64-bit), or Windows 7 or 8 (32 or 64-bit).
To update your PC's display setting:
- Right-click on an empty area on your PC's desktop and select Properties > Settings (Windows XP) or Screen Resolution (Windows 7).
- In the Screen area (Windows XP) or Resolution (Windows 7) section of the window, use the slider bar to increase your screen area to at least 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Your preferred weather location is stored in a "cookie" on your computer. To make sure your web browser is allowing cookies, go to Accept Cookies.
- Edit your Frontier Yahoo! homepage's weather preference as follows:
- Scroll down the page to find the weather module on the right hand side.
- Click the icon in the top right corner to bring up a small window.
- Click Detect my location if you are at your home location. You may be prompted to allow this detection.
- If you want to set a different location, enter the city or zip code of your choice. Click to choose a suggested location and press Enter.
- Click Tools > Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the window.
- Click the Restore Advanced Settings button.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Close and reopen Internet Explorer.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet.
- Click Internet Options > Advanced > Reset. Then click Reset on the pop-up message that appears.
- Click Close > OK.