- The following information is provided as a courtesy to our customers. Frontier Technical Support is not responsible for assisting with the configuration of your mobile device. If you require assistance, please contact your mobile device provider.
- The instructions below detail the configuration of Frontier Mail on your mobile device using an Exchange server. Please note that when using an Exchange server, messages that you delete from your mobile device will be deleted directly from the Frontier Mail server and consequently will not be available to download to an email program on your PC or Mac.
To set up your Frontier email account on your Nokia Symbian device:
- Select the Messaging icon located on the main screen.
- Select Options > Settings from the pop-up menu.
- Select E-mail.
- Select Options > New mailbox from the pop-up menu.
- Select Start on the Information is needed screen.
- Select No when prompted with the Allow Connection screen.
- Enter your Frontier email address in the E-mail address field and select OK.
- Enter your Frontier email password in the Password field and select OK.
- Enter your Frontier email address in the User name field and select OK.
- An Unable to define account pop-up will appear and the Email screen will be displayed.
- Select Mail for Exch. on the Email screen.
- Select OK on the Information is needed screen.
- The Domain field can be left empty. Select OK.
- Enter webmail.frontier.com in the Mail for Exchange server name field. Select OK.
- Select Yes on the Install Mail for Exchange? screen.
- Select Continue twice to accept the warnings and install the application.
- The application will install.
- Select OK on the Please correct the access point screen, if displayed.
- Select the Access point setting on the Connection page.
- Select an access point to use as the default from the Default access point. Warning! Selecting GSM as your default access point will consume your monthly data plan allotment and may result in additional charges.
- Scroll right twice to the Sync content page. Email is selected by default. Select Yes on any other services in the list that you wish to synchronize to the handset.
Note: Each service selected must be configured on the service's individual page (see steps 22–23 below).
- Scroll right once to the Sync schedule page. Select the Peak sync schedule setting.
- Select a time interval for synchronization with the Exchange server from the Peak sync schedule list.
WARNING! Be careful to select the optimum sync schedules for both peak and off-peak. An aggressive Mail for Exchange sync schedule will consume your monthly data plan allotment and may result in additional charges.
- Scroll right to configure each service to be synchronized. Select Initial sync for each service configured (except Email).
- Select either Delete items on phone or Keep items on phone from the Initial sync list for each service configured (except Email).
- Select Options and choose Save from the pop-up menu.