Be sure you have your full email address and password handy—that is, the primary email address associated with your Frontier account—before taking any further action.
To update MacMail to use an Application Specific Password:
- Generate an Application Specific Password.
- Click Mail in the upper right, and then Preferences.
- Click Accounts and then your Frontier email account. Under Account Information in the Incoming Mail Server area, enter your Application Specific Password in the Password field. Make sure the email address and the User Name are your full Frontier email address.
- Click the Outgoing Mail Server drop down, and then click Edit SMTP Server List.
- Click Advanced. Update the Password field with your Account Editor Password—the password for the primary email address associated with your Frontier account.
- The authentication type should be set for Password. Make sure the Port is 465 with SSL enabled. The Authentication option should be Password.
- Click OK, and then the Red Dot in the upper left. When prompted to save the changes, click Yes or Save.
Your email software is now ready to use the Application Specific Password.