Be sure you have your full email address and password handy—that is, the primary email address associated with your Frontier account—before taking any further action.
To update Thunderbird to use an Application Specific Password:
- Generate an Application Specific Password.
- Click the Get Mail Messages button in the upper left and wait for the Login Failed box to popup.
- Click the Enter New Password button.
- In the Password field enter your new Application Specific Password and click OK.
- Click Options on the Tools menu.
- Click Security, and on the Passwords tab click Saved Passwords.
- Click to select the entry for SMTP and click the Remove button.
- Finally, enter the password for the primary email address associated with your Frontier account. You may click the checkbox to Use Password Manager to remember this password. Then click OK.
Your email software is now ready to use the Application Specific Password.