Every Frontier customer receives a router or modem that’s selected and tested to give you the best performance for your services.
The first time you activate your service—whether our technician installs it or you do it yourself—you must use this Frontier router or modem to connect. This equipment is uniquely tied to your account. It's the exact model needed for the peak performance of your voice, TV, and internet services.
Once you activate your service, you may decide to replace your Frontier router or modem with one that you choose, buy and install. Frontier, however, supports only the routers and modems we supply. We do not endorse other routers and modems. Because your service is not exactly like anyone else’s, we can’t provide a list of routers or modems that will work for you.
If you use your own equipment, you will miss out on these important customer benefits:
1. The Best Router or Modem for Your Services. We provide a router or modem that's optimized for your Frontier services.
- The Frontier network can authenticate this equipment. The process will go smoothly whether it's installed by you or a Frontier technician.
- A non-Frontier router or modem may not be compatible with your services.
2. Frontier Technical Support. Frontier provides technical support for Frontier equipment. If there is a technical problem with your Frontier router or modem, you can contact us for help. If you're using your own router or modem and need support, you must first:
- Reconnect your Frontier-provided router or modem.
- Call our toll-free number.
3. Upgrades are Included in Your Service Fee. Frontier charges you a monthly lease fee for your Frontier router or modem—whether you use it or not. Any time you choose to upgrade your Frontier service and need a new router or modem, it will be covered by your service fee.
We want you to get the most from our services! Your Frontier router or modem is the best option for you.