To set up your Westell 7500 or Netgear 7550 gateway for use:
- Connect one end of the power supply cord to a power outlet and the other end to the 12VDC connector on the back of the gateway.
- Connect one end of the DSL phone cable to your telephone wall jack and the other end to the DSL connector on the back of the gateway.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your computer and the other end to any one of the four Ethernet ports (marked E1, E2, E3 and E4) on the back of the gateway.
The indicator lights on the front of the gateway will show you that you have power, a wired connection to a computer, and DSL.
To configure your Westell 7500 or Netgear 7550 router to work wirelessly:
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) and go to http://192.168.254.254 for the 7550 or http://192.168.1.1 for the 7500.
- Click the Wireless Settings tab.
- Select Basic Settings from the menu on the left.
- Make sure that wireless is turned On and enter a name for your network in the SSID box. Click Apply.
- Select Advanced Security Settings or Security Settings from the menu on the left.
- For Wireless Security, select WPA. On the next screen, create a WPA Shared Key. This will be the password for your wireless network. Click Apply.
Your modem is now configured to broadcast a wireless signal.
For more information on preparing your computer to connect to the wireless signal, please see Connect My Computer (Wireless).