Once your router is configured for gaming, select your gaming console below for further instructions.
To connect your Nintendo 3DS to a wireless network:
- Turn on the Nintendo 3DS and access System Settings.
- Select Internet Settings.
- Click Connection Settings.
- Select New Connection.
- Choose Manual Setup.
- Click to Search for Access Point.
- The 3DS will now search for any wireless networks in range of the device. The names of the networks will be displayed.
- Select the name of the wireless network you wish to connect to. If the wireless network security is enabled, enter the security key.
- Click OK to save.
- Select OK again to begin a connection test. Once the test has been successful, your Nintendo 3DS device will be connected to the Internet.
To connect your Nintendo Wii to a wireless network:
- From the Wii Main Menu select the Wii button in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
- Select Wii Settings.
- Using the arrow on the right side of the screen, go to the next page and select Internet.
- Choose Connection Settings.
- Select Connection 1: None.
- Click Wireless Connection and choose Search for an Access Point.
- Click OK. The Wii will show any wireless networks that it locates.
- Select the wireless network you wish to connect to. If you need to, enter the password and select OK.
- Select OK then Save Settings and click Yes. The Wii will now run a connectivity test. You will see the following when it is completed.
If the test is successful, then your Wii is now connected to the wireless network.
To connect your PlayStation 3 to a wireless network:
- On the home menu, go to Settings > Network Settings and press the X button on your controller.
- Go to Internet Connection and make sure that Enabled is selected.
- Scroll down to Internet Connection Settings and press the X button on your controller.
- Select Yes on the screen stating you will be disconnected from the Internet.
- Select Easy and press the X button on your controller.
- Select Wireless.
- Choose Scan. The PlayStation 3 will now scan for available networks in range.
- Select the network you wish to connect to. Make a note of the Security type. You will need that later in the process.
- Confirm the wireless network you want to connect to and push the right directional button on your controller.
- Select the Security setting that matches you wireless network and press the X button on your controller.
- Enter the password for your wireless connection.
- Check that the settings on the screen are correct and push the X button on your controller to save.
- Select Test Connection.
- If you see that the test succeeded, then your PlayStation 3 is now connected wirelessly.
To connect your Xbox 360 to a wireless network (Note: You must have an Xbox 360 wireless networking adapter in order to connect to a wireless network):
- Select My Xbox then System Settings on the dashboard.
- Choose Network Settings then Edit Settings.
- Select Wireless Mode.
- The Xbox 360 will display a list of available networks. Locate the network that you would like to connect to.
- If required, use the on screen keyboard to enter the wireless security key.
- Choose Test Xbox Live Connection.
Once the settings are confirmed the Xbox will be connected wirelessly.