There's more to your Internet connection than email and web browsing. Here are two other services that may interest you, and a couple of things you need to know.
To use any type of chat or instant messaging:
- Your personal computer should be Pentium-class and have Windows XP or above, or Macintosh OS X or above as its operating system.
- Your modem connection should be 28.8Kbps or greater; 56Kbps is recommended.
- Your computer must have an active Internet connection.
To use News Servers you must use this news server address: news.frontier.com.
- Customers connected to the Internet via a Frontier connection should not enter authentication information (email address and password) into the settings of their news reader program.
- News server authentication is only required when you are connected through one of our roaming access dial-up numbers, or when you are not connected to the Internet via a Frontier connection.
- Roaming access dial-up numbers are denoted with a "P", and can be found in the Frontier Dialup Internet Access Numbers list.
- To authenticate to a Frontier news server when you are connected to one of our roaming access dial-up numbers or a non Frontier connection, enter your main Frontier, FrontierNet, Citlink, CTAZ, Newnorth, Epix, or GVNI email address and password within the settings of your news reader program.
- Secondary email accounts will be unable to authenticate to the news server.
- If you are a Citlink or Newnorth user and you still have news.citlink.net or news.newnorth.net entered for the address of the news server, either will continue to function properly. It is not mandatory that you change the name of your news server to news.frontier.com.
Looking for a general guide to help you understand Internet technology? We can recommend: