Fiber Digital Voice is an advanced voice service that works on Frontier's fiber-optic network. It uses your home phones connected to your existing phone jacks.
Fiber Digital Voice offers many advanced calling features that traditional voice services do not, such as:
- Nomorobo™—A complimentary service that lets you stop unwanted robocalls from unauthorized businesses and solicitors.
- Locate Me—so you're never out of reach. Locate Me allows incoming calls to ring up to three numbers in the order you choose.
- Simultaneous Ring on multiple phone numbers—so you never worry about missing a call.
- Flexible Call Management—Manage call features and voicemail from the web, your TV set-top box, or your mobile device.
Remember: to dial the entire 10-digit telephone number every time you make a call inside the U.S.
Important 911 Information
During a power outage, a Battery Back-up Unit with a fully-charge battery inserted will power your basic Fiber Digital Voice services for up to eight hours. That includes 911 dialing. If the battery is drained or missing, your voice service will not work. In your welcome kit you'll find stickers with this information. We recommend you apply the stickers to your phones so all users are aware of this possible limitation.
Your service is compatible with many monitored home alarms and medical monitoring systems. Please check with your alarm or monitoring system provider to ensure compatibility. If the system is not compatible with Fiber Digital Voice, consider adding a traditional telephone line to support the system.
Note: It is your responsibility to maintain a battery back-up unit. Frontier offers battery back-up options for your use.
- Set Up and Manage Fiber Digital Voice by Phone
- Manage Fiber Digital Voice Online, by Smartphone or by Set-top Box
- Use Fiber Digital Voice Calling Features
- International Calling Plans
- Troubleshoot Fiber Digital Voice
- Battery Backup Options for Fiber Digital Voice
Nomorobo is a trademark of Telephone Science Corporation.