FiOS® Digital Voice is an advanced voice service that works on Frontier's fiber-optic network, and uses your home phones connected to your existing phone jacks.
FiOS Digital Voice offers many advanced calling features that traditional voice services do not, such as:
- Nomorobo™—A complimentary service that lets you stop unwanted robocalls from unauthorized businesses and solicitors.
- Locate Me—so you're never out of reach. Locate Me allows incoming calls to ring up to three numbers in the order you choose.
- Simultaneous Ring on multiple phone numbers—so you never worry about missing a call.
- Flexible Call Management—Manage call features and voicemail from the web, your TV set-top box, or your mobile device.
Remember: to dial the entire 10-digit telephone number every time you make a call inside the U.S.
Important 911 Information
During an electrical outage, the Battery Back-up Unit (BBU) will power your basic FiOS Digital Voice services, including 911 dialing, for up to eight hours if a fully-charged battery is inserted in the unit. If the battery is exhausted or there is no battery present, your voice service will not function for any purpose. In your welcome kit you'll find stickers with this information. We strongly recommend you apply the stickers to your phones so all users are aware of this possible limitation.
Your service is compatible with many monitored home alarms and medical monitoring systems. Please check with your alarm or monitoring system provider to ensure compatibility. If the system is not compatible with FiOS Digital Voice, a traditional telephone line can be added to support the system.
Note: It is your responsibility to maintain a battery back-up unit. Frontier offers battery back-up options for your use.
- Set Up and Manage FiOS Digital Voice by Phone
- Manage FiOS Digital Voice Online, by Smartphone or by Set-top Box
- Use FiOS Digital Voice Calling Features
- International Calling Plans
- Troubleshoot FiOS Digital Voice
- Battery Backup Options for FiOS Digital Voice
Nomorobo is a trademark of Telephone Science Corporation.
The FiOS® marks are owned by Verizon Trademark Services LLC and used under license.