There is a new telephone exchange number in the local calling area for customers living in Molino and Walnut Hill, Florida. This means there's a change to the way you will make local calls. Note that Pensacola, FL and McCullough, AL are included in the local calling area for Frontier's customers in Walnut Hill. The new 261 exchange is now available in McCullough [(251) 261-xxxx] and Pensacola [(850) 261-xxxx].
|New Dialing Procedure
- Molino and Walnut Hill callers must include the 850 area code when making a local call, dialing a total of ten digits. As of April 1, 2016, if you forget and dial only seven digits, your call will not be completed. A recording will instruct you to hang up and dial again.
- Once people and businesses begin to be assigned phone numbers using the new 261 exchange in both the 251 and 850 area codes, calls from Frontier customers in Walnut Hill must be made by dialing the area code first.
- Reprogram any equipment that stores frequently called local numbers so that it dials all ten digits. This includes life safety systems or medical devices, PBXs, fax machines, dialup Internet modems, alarm and security systems or gates, speed dialers, mobile phones, call forwarding settings, voicemail services, and similar functions. Please contact your medical alert or security provider if you don't know whether your equipment needs to be reprogrammed to accommodate ten-digit dialing.
- Update your website, stationery, advertising materials, bank checks, contact information, and your personal or pet ID tags to include the area code.
|What Will Not Change
- The price of a call, coverage area, or other rates and services.
- Whatever is considered a local call now will still be a local call.
- Continue to dial 1 + area code + telephone number (eleven digits) for all long distance calls.
- In an emergency simply dial 911.
- If 211, 311, 411, 511, 611, 711 or 811 services are currently available in your community, no extra digits are needed.
Call Frontier Communications at 1.800.921.8101.