Your FiberOptic TV equipment includes (1) a DVR Set-Top Box (Digital Video Recorder) or a Non-DVR Set-Top Box, and (2) a remote control.
Here are instructions for using your Set-Top Box:
Be sure to download your channel guide.
You probably have an HD or DVR Set-Top Box:
- High Definition (HD) Set-Top Boxes provide all the features of the Standard Definition Set-Top Box, plus HD content.
- Digital Video Recorder (DVR) Set-Top Boxes provide all the features of the High Definition Set-Top Box. Plus they can record shows and pause and rewind live TV.
If you use an SD Set-Top Box, your equipment is still supported by Frontier®:
- Standard Definition (SD) Set-Top Boxes provide digital audio and video quality. SD gives you access to:
- the FiberOptic TV Interactive Media Guide
- over 45 all-digital music channels
- Pay-Per-View or On Demand shows.
A CableCARD is also available from Frontier Communications for a small charge per month. It gives you access to certain encrypted HD and SD digital programs without the need for a Set-Top Box. However, it does not support features like Video On Demand or Parental Controls.
For instructions on how to restart several specific set-top box models and resolve problems, choose your model below.
- Arris VMS 1100 HD
- Arris IPC 1100 HD
- Cisco CHS 335 HD
- Cisco CHS435HDC
- Motorola 2500 SD
- Motorola 2708 SD DVR
- Motorola 6200 HD
- Motorola 6416 HD DVR
- Motorola 7100-P1 HD
- Motorola 7100-P2 HD
- Motorola 7216 HD DVR
- Motorola QIP7100
Energy Efficiency Information