With Frontier it's easier to watch recorded and live TV on your mobile device when you're home or away.
DVR-to-Go™ is now available to Frontier FiOS® Quantum TV subscribers in:
- When you're home, use your FiOS Quantum router to stream all of your subscribed channels from your FiOS Quantum DVR. Then watch on the FrontierTV app on your mobile device.
- When you're away from home and have an internet connection on your mobile device, you can watch all of the programs you've recorded on your FiOS Quantum DVR.
DVR-to-GO supports the Actiontec BHR MI424WR Rev I (with a red stripe) and newer residential gateways. It does NOT support the Actiontec BHR MI424WR Rev I (with a black stripe).
It's that easy. Let's get started!
First, visit the app store on your tablet or smartphone and install the FrontierTV app.
Start the FrontierTV App
- The first time you use the app, do it from home while connected to Wi-Fi from your Frontier-provided router. This lets the app do a one-time sync-up with your DVR. When you see the "Good News" greeting, it's done.
- Important: When using DVR-to-Go in your home, do not use network extenders. Do not use a Wi-Fi network other than the one provided by Frontier.
- The FrontierTV app dashboard features a list of viewing options. Tap the blue question mark to check the connection status and streaming features. Each FiOS Quantum DVR can stream content on up to four compatible mobile devices at once.
Stream Live TV on Your Device
- When you are Wi-Fi connected in your home, you can watch all live streaming TV channels from your Quantum DVR in the app. Simply connect your device to your home Wi-Fi network and choose Watch Now from the app's main menu. Select your connected Quantum DVR at the top of the screen and choose your program.
- If you have multiple Quantum DVRs, each will be listed in the navigation. You can stream different content from different DVRs in your home.
Watch Your DVR-Recorded Shows When You're Away
- Use DVR-to-Go to watch up to four different recorded shows on four out-of-home mobile devices at the same time. All you need is an internet connection and the app to stream content from your DVR.
- Go to the DVR section of the app, find your recorded content, and tap the play icon next to your recordings. Or go to the Dashboard, scroll down, and find your recorded shows there.
- In addition to DVR-to-Go, cloud streaming remains available. This feature—available to all Frontier video subscribers—allows live streaming of many channels from the cloud.
Find Help within the App
The Learn More section of the FrontierTV app gives you access to Frequently Asked Questions. Simply open the app's navigation menu and tap Help. Review the FAQs to learn about DVR-to-Go and other features.
Find out more about other Frontier TV Everywhere capabilities.
The FrontierTV mobile app is available for iOS and Android. This feature is not supported by the Frontier TVE website at TV.Frontier.com. DVR-to-Go is available only on the FrontierTV mobile app for FiOS Quantum TV customers California, Texas and Florida. Each Quantum DVR can support streaming of video content to up to four compatible devices at the same time. Each item of content can only be streamed to one out-of-home mobile device at a time. Access to live TV via DVR-to-Go requires the in-home FiOS Quantum router. When using DVR-to-Go features in-home, you must be connected to your Frontier-provided Wi-Fi router, and you must not use network extenders or other Wi-Fi optimization solutions. Not all content recorded on your DVR can stream to your mobile device. Features and functionality subject to change. Wireless data charges may apply. iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The FiOS® marks are owned by Verizon Trademark Services LLC and used under license.