If you want to restrict access to programming:
- You cannot set parental controls on non-DVR Set Top Boxes from the main DVR list. If the non-DVR Set Top Box is a standard definition box, it will only have full access to all standard definition recorded content on your main DVR.
- If you want to restrict playback, make a PIN through the main DVR. This prevents access to recorded TV from all non-DVR Set Top Boxes. To do this:
- Select Settings, Parental Controls on the Main Menu of the Set Top Box.
- Enter your personal, chosen PIN number.
- Press Next, OK 5 times over the next few screens until the MR-DVR Block screen appears.
- Select Block MR-DVR.
- To confirm the setting, go to Recorded TV and select any show. The PIN screen will appear—enter the PIN to unblock the recorded show.