It’s easier than you might think for people to get your password. That’s why we recommend making your password as meaningless as possible.
People can get to your password by:
- Guessing—Generic passwords like "password", "123456", or "qwerty" are very easy for people to guess.
- Password re-use —If you use the same username and password for all of your accounts and someone accesses your password, they automatically have access to all your accounts.
- Trickery—Phishing scams and other similar tools attempt to trick you into providing your password or other personal information. You shouldn’t have to enter your account password on any website other than when you enter your email account.
- Malware—Hidden programs that gain access to your computer and attempt to obtain your personal information.
- Social Media—All of the security questions you are asked can on occasion be accessed online in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
If you’re mindful of these potential hazards, you can keep your password and personal information safe. Frontier offers many solutions to make sure that you are not the victim of such attacks. Our award winning Security software and Identity Protection Solutions offer peace of mind. For more information on these products, please click here.