Call Waiting lets you take another call when you're already on the phone. Call Waiting ID shows you the number and/or name of the incoming caller. Caller ID equipment—either a separate unit or built into your phone—is required for this service.
Note: A distinctive beep (short, long, short) signals a cellular or long distance call.
Download: Business Calling Features Quick Reference Guide (also available in Spanish)
|Use Call Waiting
- Listen for a special tone that lets you know you have a second incoming call. Press and release the switch hook / Flash / Link button to put the first caller on hold and answer the second call.
- Don't want to take the incoming call? Simply ignore the special reminder tone.
- Press and release switch hook to alternate between callers. While speaking with one caller, the other is automatically put on hold. Switch between callers as much as you like. To end either call, hang up.
|Disable Call Waiting
- Before making a call, press 7 0, or 1 1 7 0 from a Rotary/Pulse phone, and dial normally.
Note: If 7 0 doesn't work, try 7 0 #.
Exception: Rochester callers press 8 0.
- While on a call, press and release switch hook, dial 7 0.
- At the end of your call, Call Waiting is re-enabled automatically.
- If you ignore the beep, callers will hear a normal ring until they hang up or are transferred to voicemail.
- If you hang up while the second caller is on the line, your phone will ring.
- If a third caller tries to reach you while you have two calls on the line, the third caller will get a busy signal or will be transferred to voicemail.