The best way to troubleshoot internet or TV problems is a reboot. Restarting/rebooting your router or set-top box resets your device and often fixes the problem.
Should you reboot?
If you have no connection, check to see if there is a service outage in your area before you reboot your equipment.
Enter your billing telephone number* below.
Billing Telephone Number*
*This is your Frontier telephone number or the first 10 digits of your Frontier account number.
Restart Your Router or Modem
- Press the power button or unplug the power cord to your router.
- Turn it back on or plug it back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
Note: Always keep your router plugged in and turned on so that your TV can function properly. Rebooting is the only time to turn it off.
If that doesn't help, try a factory reset:
- Find the Reset button on the rear panel of the router. Use a pen or straighten out a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds. The reset process will start about 10 seconds after you release the button.
- When the router resets, the lights on the front panel will turn off, and then some will start flashing.
- When the globe/internet light glows, the router has completed its reset process. Try to access the internet as you normally do.
Note: A factory reset undoes any settings you may have changed. If you changed your router name and password, a factory reset undoes that change.
Restart Your Set-Top Box
- Unplug the power cord to your Set-Top Box from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in to the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the time lights to appear on the front of the Set-Top Box.
- Turn on the Set-Top Box and wait a few minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
- Check to see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, the Set-Top Box might need to be re-initialized. Please chat with us.
Note: Be sure you are disconnecting the electrical power cord—not the coaxial cable. A coaxial cable that is not fastened securely can cause problems. Take a second to make sure all connections are secure.