Here’s what happens when a Frontier technician comes to install your new service
We are dedicated to making sure that your installation experience is as smooth and easy as possible. To get you up and running with your new services quickly, there are some things you can do to prepare for a visit from your Frontier technician.
When you place your order, we'll send you a confirmation email for your review. The email will include:
- the services you ordered
- your order number
- your installation date
- the technician's arrival window
If you need to make any changes to your order or the installation date, click the link in the email, call us at 1.800.921.8101, or Chat with us live.
Get ready for your installation
Before your installation date, please clear work areas to give the technician easy access around your computer and TV:
- Move any large furniture that blocks access to outlets or jacks.
- Decide in advance where you want your Frontier connections placed.
- Make sure that the TV locations you choose are near functioning power outlets.
- Allow up to 8 hours for installation once the technician arrives.
- Be sure that a person at least 18 years old is at your home during the installation to make informed decisions about where to place Frontier equipment.
How the installation process works
- Your Frontier technician will ask you where to place your connections for TV and internet service.
- If you purchased fiber-optic services the technician may need to install an Optical Network Terminal in a central location. This may be in your garage, your basement or a closet. This device receives the signal from the central office and transmits directly to your devices.
- Your connections to the internet via modem, and to the TV via Set-Top Box and Digital Video recorder, can be wired or wireless. You can decide that prior to installation or discuss with your technician.
- If needed, your technician will connect any devices you used with your previous network to your new network. Frontier does not guarantee the functionality or compatibility of those devices. Our technicians are not authorized to troubleshoot them.
- Note: In some cases, a connection or wiring that you used for your previous service will not be suitable for the new network we are installing. Your technician will explain how to install for the best possible service.
Do you qualify for self-installation?
You may be able to save time and money by installing your Frontier service yourself. Contact customer service to find out if you qualify for self-installation. Here's a preview of the self-installation process:
- FiOS® by Frontier Self-Installation
- Vantage™ Self-Installation
- High-Speed Internet Self-Installation
The FiOS® marks are owned by Verizon Trademark Services LLC and used under license.