A Frontier technician will be heading your way.
Here's what you need to know before your Frontier service installation visit.
When you place your order, we'll send you a confirmation email that includes:
- the services you ordered
- your order number
- your installation date
- the technician's arrival window
If you need to make any changes to your order or the installation date, click the link in the email, call us at 1.800.921.8101, or chat with us live.
Get ready for your installation
Before your technician arrives, make sure there is easy access to and around your computer and TV:
- Move any large furniture that blocks access to outlets or jacks.
- Decide where you want your Frontier connections placed. They must be near functioning power outlets.
- Allow up to 8 hours for installation once the technician arrives.
- Have an adult at your home throughout the installation to make decisions about where to place Frontier equipment.
How the installation process works
- Your Frontier technician will ask you where to place your connections for TV and internet service.
- If you purchased fiber-optic services the technician may need to install an Optical Network Terminal in a central location. This may be in your garage, your basement or a closet. This device receives the signal from the central office and transmits directly to your devices.
- If you're installing service with premium speeds of 200M or higher, your technician will determine whether you need new cabling from your ONT to your Wi-Fi router and whether we need to drill holes to run the cable. Your technician will make any cabling along baseboards or through rooms as inconspicuous as possible.
- You can have wired or wireless connections to the internet via modem, and to television via Set-Top Box and Digital Video Recorder. You can decide which type you want before installation or discuss it with your technician.
- If needed, your technician will connect any devices you used with your previous network to your new network. Frontier does not guarantee the functionality or compatibility of those devices. Our technicians are not authorized to troubleshoot them.
- In some cases a connection or wiring you used for your previous service will not be suitable for the new network. Your technician will explain how to install for the best possible service.
Do you qualify for self-installation?
You may be able to save time and money by installing your Frontier service yourself. Contact customer service to find out if you qualify for self-installation. Here's a preview of the self-installation process:
- FiOS® by Frontier Self-Installation
- Vantage™ Self-Installation
- High-Speed Internet Self-Installation
The FiOS® marks are owned by Verizon Trademark Services LLC and used under license.