The instructions for setting up your Frontier email account in Macintosh Mail will vary just slightly depending on which version of the program you are using.
To set up your Frontier email account in Macintosh Mail:
- Launch Macintosh Mail and click Mail > Preferences > Add Account. If you do not see Add Account, click Accounts, then click the plus sign (+) located at the bottom left-hand side of the window to add an account.
- Select POP for the Account Type and enter a description (such as Frontier), the email address, and the full name (display name) that you would like to appear on your outgoing email.
- Enter pop3.frontier.com for the Incoming Mail Server.
- Enter smtp.frontier.com for the Outgoing Mail Server.
- Select Password in the Authentication drop-down menu (or select Use Authentication depending on your version), enter your complete email address for the username, and your password.
- Click OK or Done depending on your version.
- Close the window and, depending on your version, click Save or OK or Yes, if you are prompted to save.
Newer versions of Macintosh Mail will automatically test for SSL, and create it if it is available. If you have already created an email account in Macintosh Mail and want to change the SSL:
- Click the Mail > Preferences > Account.
- Click the drop down menu next to your Outgoing mail server, choose Edit SMTP Server List, and click Advanced.
- Place a check in the box next to Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), then click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab, then check the box next to Use SSL.
- Click the red button on the top left.