Restarting/rebooting your router or set-top box will often resolve connectivity problems. See the instructions below and be sure to watch the How to Restart Your Router video.
After a reboot, if you still need help, contact our Technical Support team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1.800.584.3384. Frontier customer service agents support any equipment that has been provided by Frontier, including multi-port modems. If your network contains equipment not provided by Frontier, contact the manufacturer for assistance regarding their products.
To avoid problems with your service, keep your router plugged in and turned on at all times. Even if you are not currently using the Internet, your router needs be turned on to so that FiOS® TV can function properly. For instructions on how to restart several specific modem/router models and resolve problems, choose your model below. For other models, see the general instructions that follow.
|Verizon Quantum Gateway G1100 FiOS Router||D-Link 2750B for DSL||FiOS Router 9100EM|
|Actiontec GT784WNV for DSL||FiOS Router MI424WR||Motorola DCT-700|
To restart (reboot) your router or modem:
- Press the power button or unplug the power cord to your router.
- Plug it back into the electrical outlet and wait 30 seconds.
If you are still experiencing problems, try a factory reset:
Note: When performing a factory reset, any settings you may have changed to the router will be lost.
- Find the Reset button on the rear panel of the router. Use a pen or similar object to press and hold the Reset button for approximately 10 seconds. The reset process will start about 10 seconds after you release the button.
- When the router resets, the lights on the front panel will turn off, and then some will start flashing.
- When the Power light glows steady green, the router has completed its reset process. Try to access the Internet as you usually would.
Resetting your Set-Top Box can resolve a few issues, such as:
- Missing Interactive Media Guide (IMG) or On Demand menu,
- Unresponsive Set-Top Box, or
- DVR recording problems.
To reset your Set-Top Box:
- Unplug the power cord to your Set-Top Box from the electrical outlet.
- Wait 15 seconds and plug it back in to the electrical outlet.
- Wait for the time to appear on the front of the Set-Top Box.
- Turn on the Set-Top Box and wait a few minutes while the Interactive Media Guide updates.
- Check to see if this resolves your issue. If it doesn't, the Set-Top Box might need to be re-initialized. Please contact FiOS® Technical Support at 1.877.462.0488 for further assistance.
Note: Don't confuse the electrical power cord with the coaxial cable that is connected to the back of your Set-Top Box. Disconnecting the coaxial cable will not reset your Set-Top Box. Since many issues can occur if your coaxial cable is not securely fastened, now would be a good time to ensure all connections are secure.
Connecticut customers: Your Frontier-provided gateway has many indicator lights that can be used to diagnose installation and connection problems. Please see the chart explaining what the indicator lights mean.