Every Frontier customer receives a router that's selected and tested to give them the best performance for their services.
The first time you activate your service—whether our technician installs it or you do it yourself—you must use this Frontier router or modem to connect. This equipment is uniquely tied to your account. It's the exact model you need for the peak performance of your voice, TV, and internet services. (Learn about choosing the best router for gigabit internet.)
Once you activate your service, you may decide to replace your Frontier router with one that you choose, buy, and install. However, Frontier supports only the routers we supply to you. We cannot endorse or recommend other routers. Because your service isn't exactly like anyone else's, we can't provide a list of routers that will work for you.
If decide to you use your own equipment, you'll miss out on these important customer benefits:
1. The Best Router for Your Services. Your Frontier router is optimized for your specific services.
- Only this equipment can be authenticated on the Frontier network.
- A non-Frontier router may not be compatible with your services.
2. Frontier Technical Support. Frontier provides technical support for Frontier equipment only.
- We can troubleshoot a technical problem with your services using your Frontier-provided router.
- If you choose to use your own equipment instead, Frontier may not be able to manage some or all of your Frontier services, and remote troubleshooting and support will be limited.